Crooked Cat features significant elevation changes, rolling fairways and large, contoured greens. But with fewer trees, wider landing areas, native heather and mounding framing the fairways, Crooked Cat presents golfers more of a links-style look. It may well be the most naturally beautiful Orlando Florida golf course. In the Summer of 2012 Orange County National completed a successful renovation of Crooked Cats greens using the highly regarded Champions Bermuda Ultra Dwarf Turf Grass. Champions Bermuda has received much praise from professional and tour players because of its true roll and quicker pace.
Panther Lake is everything you could want in a golf course. Playing over rolling meadows, through native pines, around and over wetlands, lakes, and up and down elevation changes of up to 60 feet, it is first and foremost a visual delight, reminding you that natural beauty is one of the main reasons you play golf and a major factor in deciding which course to play.
Panther Lake offers some of the best examples of natural beauty that Orlando area golf courses have to offer.You will likely encounter many native species of birds and wildlife during your round, which will be enjoyed in the most tranquil of settings. Every hole on Panther Lake is unique and requires something different from your shot making repertoire. This is another feature that makes this Central Florida golf course so special; when you finish your round you will likely be able to recall each hole very vividly as they are all very different in appearance as well as appealing in design to the eye.
Why stay in off-property Orlando accommodations when you can stay right at OCN in our recently enhanced Lodge? Just think about it, no getting up in the dark and fighting the morning traffic. Instead you will be just footsteps away from our 22,000 sq ft clubhouse, Crooked Cat, Panther Lake and Tooth courses, not to mention our 42 acre training facility, while our 22,000 sq. ft. lighted putting green and short game practice area are actually in your back yard!
Why Florida Golf Schools is the best
- PERSONAL ATTENTION: Your lessons with Florida Golf School will never have more than 4 students per PGA Pro during your morning session (at the practice stations) or during your afternoon on-course playing lesson.
- A LESSON EVERY DAY: You get a playing lesson with your teaching professional each and every day of your school.
- THE BEST TEACHERS: We use PGA, LPGA and outstanding teaching Professionals who know how to teach and play this great game. Many have been former Tour Pros, Head Professionals, Teaching Professionals and Directors of Instruction that we selected for their passion to help improve your game.
- YOU PICK THE DATES: You set the dates for your school and we will honor them. Your school will be according to your schedule, not ours.
Daily Itinerary for Florida Golf Schools
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Practice stations for personal lessons with your teaching Professional.
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 12:45 pm – 3:00 pm: On course play with your teaching Professional.
- 3:00 pm Until Dark: Unlimited Golf